Wayne Murphy of Murphy Design is an accredited Building Surveyor and Private Certifier, and is qualified to offer a complete building assessment service that will considerably reduce the normal approval times currently experienced in South Australia, Northern Territory and Victoria.
Building Rules Consent can be issued by a registered private certifier who must be formally engaged by the applicant.
A private certifier possesses building surveying qualifications and must be registered.
They have the same power as a council in assessing applications for Building Rules Consent.
The private certifier acts as the council in the public interest and has a professional responsibility to ensure that the application is complete and that it complies with the Building Rules, including the current version of the National Construction Code (NCC).
The NCC 2019 now operates as from 1st May 2019.
Wayne is also a qualified registered Civil and Structural Engineer with 44 years of experience in the design, documentation, supervision and project management of Roadworks, Stormwater Management, Land Division Services, Industrial and Commercial Building Developments and Recreational Marinas.
Civil & Structural Engineer
Common Council Connections
Town of Gawler Council
City of Port Lincoln Council
Adelaide Hills Council
District Council of Lower Eyre Peninsula
District Council of Streaky Bay
City of Playford
Port Augusta Council
Port Pirie Council
What We Do
- Specialising in Building Certification for all sized residential, commercial and industrial building projects
- Have extensive experience in both local goverment sectors and the private sector
- Have wide experience in building law and building code development, formulation, enactment, interpretation and application
- Extensive experience and knowledge in assisting people through the building approval maze
- Issues timely construction and occupation certificates
- Providing building code solutions including BCA performance based solutions
- Provides BCA advice
- Performs Building Inspections of existing houses and those still under construction
- Project Management and Building Supervision